Functions and Activities
Enforcement of Acts/Rules
- The following are the Acts/Rules are being enforced by Directorate of Industrial Safety & Health.
- The Factories Act, 1948 and the Maharashtra Factories Rules, 1963
- The Maharashtra Factories(Control of Industrial Major Accidents Hazards) Rules, 2003
- The Manufacture, Storage and Imports of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1996
- The Chemical Accidents (Emergency Planning, Preparedness and Response) Rules, 1996
- Issue of Licenses
- Inspection of Factories
- Enquiry of Factory Accidents
- Enquiry of Complaints
- To conduct the cases under the Factories Act - 1948 before the Magistrate as APP
- Assist the District Authority in the preparation of the district off-site emergency plan
- To work as a member secretary of crisis groups formed under the Chemical Accidents (Emergency Planning, Preparedness and Response)Rules, 1996
- Recognition of Competent Persons
- Recognition of Safety Auditors
- Registration of Welfare Officers
- Deputy Director (Medical) carry out the inspection of the factory.
- Work Environment monitoring: To carry out Health Survey such as Noise, Ventilation, Air etc.
- Age Verification: The examination and certification of young persons under Factories Act.
- The Examination of persons engaged in Factories in such dangerous Occupations and processes.
- Authorisation of Certifying Surgeons.
- Recognition of First Aid Training Institute.
Other Voluntary Activities
- To create awareness for Health & Safety amongst workers and factory management through seminars and other programs.
- To motivate the management for formation of the Mutual Aid Response Groups.
- To promote Schemes for safety at vendor's site.
- To award State level 'Late Narayan Meghaji Lokhande - Safety and Health, Welfare Award' to Factories
© Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health, Maharashtra State . All Rights Reserved.