Objectives of the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health, Maharashtra State, are…
- To ensure Safety, Health and Welfare of the workers in the factory, by effective enforcement of the provisions of the Factories Act and Maharashtra State Rules made there under.
- To ensure protection of worker's rights and to redress their grievances.
- To prevent not only the major industrial accidents, but also prevent the accidents causing permanent or partial disablement.
- To create awareness about safety amongst the management and workers by arranging seminars, workshops, training programs in co-ordination with the other social partners and industries associations.
- To promote the concept of Mutual Aid Response Group (MARG)
- We believe that workers hands are Nation’s asset which we don’t want to lose in any case.
- Finally Zero Accident is our Goal.